At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed positive amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 32 basis points, while the market capitalization increased by N64.93 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 39,670.29 points, to reflect a gain of 0.32% from the previous trading day.
At the close of the market today, Thursday 19th August 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.67 trillion from N20.60 trillion on the previous day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return, however, is currently settled at –1.49%.
The market breadth closed positive as NEIMETH led 23 Gainers, and 16 Losers topped by NB at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –600.43 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- NEIMETH up +10.00% to close at N1.87
- NAHCO up +10.00% to close at N2.97
- HONYFLOUR up +9.96% to close at N2.98
- BOCGAS up +9.90% to close at N11.10
- PHARMDEKO up +9.79% to close at N1.57
NGX ASI Top losers
- NB down –8.77% to close at N52.00
- CHIPLC down –6.67% to close at N0.42
- SOVRENINS down –3.70% to close at N0.26
- ETI down –3.64% to close at N5.30
- FCMB down –3.50% to close at N3.03
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- COURTVILLE – 34,828,705.00 units
- ETI – 18,675,375.00 units
- TRANSCORP – 12,784,501.00 units
- NAHCO – 11,270,638.00 units
- HONYFLOUR – 10,980,596.00 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- MTNN – N543,789,912.30
- ZENITHBANK – N140,792,002.95
- GTCO – N119,004,155.95
- ETI – N102,119,019.10
- NESTLE – N89,536,727.00
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls as the market differential is in favour of the advancers as 23 losers were surpassed by 16 gainers.