The NGX closed on a negative note to sustain the rally amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 9 basis points. The NGX ASI closed at 43,859.30 points, to reflect a decline of 0.09% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 2.68%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization decreased by N20.38 billion.
At the close of market on Tuesday 11th January 2022, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N23.63 trillion from N23.65 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed negative as BUAFOODS led 17 gainers, and 26 Losers topped by MBENEFIT at the end of today’s session. The stock market has advanced 1,142.86 base points since the start of the year.
ETERNA up +5.09% to close at N5.57
UBN up +4.63% to close at N5.65
WEMABANK up +3.57% to close at N0OANDO up +2.83% to close at N4.73
NGX ASI Top losers
- MBENEFIT down – 10.00% to close at N0.27
- BERGER down – 9.94% to close at N7.70
- UPDCREIT down – 8.14% to close at N3.95
- NESTLE down – 7.81% to close at N1435
- UNITYBNK down – 6.12% to close at N0.46
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- TRANSCORP – 58,356,986 units
- BUAFOODS – 51,526,040 units
- FBNH – 16,506,883 units
- GTCO – 14,050,268 units
- ACCESS – 13,337,434 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- BUAFOODS – N3,315,699,168.00
- SEPLAT – N596,916,173.50
- STANBIC – N381,532,603.15
- DANGCEM – N381,456,136.10
- GTCO – N358,212,819.95
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 17 gainers were surpassed by 26 losers.